Posted by OUR REPORTER | 9 July 2020 | 598 times
Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, has debunked reports of alleged corruption involving the collection of N4 billion from the suspended Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ibrahim Magu.
Magu was said to have given the money to Osinbajo from the N39 billion he was alleged to have embezzled when the vice president instructed him to release some recovered loots.
The denial is contained in a statement issued by Osinbajo’s media aide, Laolu Akande, on Wednesday.
Akande said the report was a sponsored one designed to tarnish the image of his principal.
He said the claims were totally false and mere fabrications said to be reflecting the goings-on at the probe over alleged corrupt practices against Magu.
He said the publications were criminally defamatory in nature and relevant law enforcement agencies had been informed for investigation and necessary action.
“With all emphasis at our disposal, let it be firmly stated that these are totally false and baseless fabrications purporting to reflect goings-on at the Probe Panel investigating Mr. Ibrahim Magu. They are indeed completely absurd in every respect.
“Sadly, such mindless, vicious and reckless publications have now become the preferred tool of unscrupulous and reprobate elements in our society who are procured with monetary inducement to peddle blatant falsehood, tarnish the image of upright public officials and mislead unsuspecting Nigerians.
“Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, will of course not be distracted by these obvious campaigns of lies and calumny. The online publications, being criminally defamatory in nature, have been referred to the relevant law enforcement agencies for investigation and necessary action.”
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.